Madeleines are one of my favorite desserts to go with my coffee. I make a few varieties based on a simple vanilla bean madeleines recipe. Once I have a basic vanilla bean batter, I just add an additional flavor to twist things up. For earl grey madeleines, all you need additionally is earl grey tea leaves! So simple, so decadent, so much yumminess. Want some tea with your coffee? Yes please!
Recipe / 食譜
Serves 24 Madeleines / 可做 24 個瑪德蓮
Oven temperature – 190°C/375°F / 烤箱溫度 – 190°C/375°F
Ingredients / 材料
Eggs – 100g (equivalent to 2 large eggs)
Granulated sugar – 80g
All purpose flour – 105g
Baking powder – 4g
Milk – 31g
Butter – 115g; more for coating the molds
Vanilla bean paste – 1 tsp
Earl grey tea leaves – 5g
雞蛋 – 100g (大約兩顆大雞蛋）
砂糖 – 80g
中筋麵粉 – 105g
泡打粉 – 4g
牛奶 – 31g
奶油- 115g; 多餘適量作為烤模塗層
香草籽醬 – 1茶匙
伯爵茶葉 – 5g
1. Melt the butter completely in a sauce pan. Set aside and let it to cool.
2. Add the eggs to a mixing bowl, add the vanilla bean paste and milk. Whisk to combine.
3. Add the granulated sugar into the egg mixture, whisk ’til combined.
4. Prepare the dry ingredients. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Combine the dry ingredients with the egg mixture and mix ’til lumpy (no need to combine well at this stage).
6. Mix in the cooled butter into the flour mixture. Add the butter slowly, and mix til just combined. This step may take a while and the butter will probably seem like it isn’t incorporating into the mixture. Keep mixing and you will get there! Remember not to over mix, as over mixing will result in a denser instead of fluffy cake.
將冷卻的奶油慢慢得拌入麵糊中。攪拌至奶油完全融入後停止攪拌。這步驟會有點費力，且奶油可能會看似拌不進去，不過加油！終究會融入的。切記不要過度攪拌; 過度攪拌麵糊會導致烤出來的蛋糕體過度 dense 而不輕盈喔。
7. Grind the earl grey tea leaves with a food processor or coffee bean grinder. Mix into the cake batter and combine well.
9. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
10. Melt some butter and coat the baking pan with a pastry brush.
11. Transfer the batter into a piping bag and pipe the batter into the molds. Fill each cavity with about 3/4 of batter.
12. Place the filled molds into the preheated oven and bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Check the edge of the Madeleines and slightly press the top of the cookie. If the tops spring back, it means they are done.
13. Remove the pans from the oven and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the Madeleines from the molds and transfer to a cooling rack, then they are ready to be served!
Let us know if you enjoyed this recipe in the comment section below! 喜歡這款伯爵茶馬德蓮嗎？與我們分享心得吧！